Kent Removalists Recognised for Service Excellence for the Fourth Year in a Row
17th August, 2015
The Kent Removals team has been awarded the 2015 Australian Business Award for Service Excellence, marking the fourth consecutive year in which Kent has maintained, and improved upon, its reputation for exceptional customer service.
Kent Relocation, Removals & Storage’s CEO and Director, Timothy Irwin said, “We are honoured to have been recognised as the winner of the ABA100 2015 Australian Business Award for ‘Service Excellence’, for the fourth consecutive year. As the entire Kent team is committed to providing superior customer service and successful stress-free moves for each and every move we do, this continued validation is greatly appreciated. Service Excellence is one of the core values on which our founder, KL Kent, built our business over 70 years ago, which together with Honesty and Care remain at the very heart of everything we do.”
Over the past 12 months, the Kent moving team has focused on transforming into a truly customer focused organisation, leveraging the needs of our customers to unlock further value within the Kent team. With thousands of customers trusting Kent with their treasured possessions every year, we are concentrating on how we can make our customers’ moves safer, more secure, and more stress-free, for complete moving peace of mind.
“The Kent removals team is committed to investing in its people, systems, processes and technology, in order to deliver exceptional customer service for each and every one of the 60,000 Australians that trust us with their treasures each and every year,” said Mr Irwin.
Recent customer-focused service innovations and investments, which Kent Removals has implemented, include:
- A unique online instant quote mechanism that provides immediate moving or storage estimates 24/7, making Kent the first, and only, removalist to provide quotes around-the-clock.
- For some years, Kent Removals has used an online customer satisfaction survey, with the results forming the basis of Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI). In 2014, we started applying this CSI data to specific teams and branches. As a result, we can reward or remedy issues, and quickly identify where improvements are required to provide even better customer service.
- An online customer service feedback mechanism that includes a public ‘Compliments & Complaints’ form on our website. This form automatically generates a priority internal customer service ticket that is immediately sent to senior management for urgent action.
- Continuous training for all employees to ensure skills that are beyond the industry benchmark. Benefits include:
- Improved packaging techniques: Kent Removals skilled staff use less space, reducing movement of goods during transit, and therefore damage to precious cargo.
- Real courtesy and professionalism: Continuous refresher training in customer service and conflict management means our removalists are professional and courteous at all times.
- Superior customer service for every move we do: Bolstered over the last 12 months by a national 10-week customer service and sales development program.
The Australian Business Award for Service Excellence recognises organisations that have achieved outstanding results through initiatives that demonstrate leadership and commitment to service excellence.