Are you looking for the best removalists in Melbourne? Trust Kent Removals & Storage, Australia’s #1 professional mover and home to the largest, state-of-the-art storage facilities in the Southern Hemisphere. Wherever you need to go – we can help you move locally, interstate, or internationally.
Our Melbourne removalists understand the stress that comes with moving and the need of hiring a reputable professional mover.
The Leading Removalists in Melbourne
When you hire Kent Melbourne Removalists to assist you with your move, you can be assured that your treasured belongings will arrive safely, securely, and on time at their new address. Our expert Melbourne movers will handle everything for you, from packing, unpacking, cleaning, secure storage, and even setting up your new house, so you can focus on settling in quickly and easily.
Having moved over a million individual packing service successfully over the last 75 years and accumulating numerous customer service excellence awards, the Kent Melbourne Removalists team is 100% devoted to:
- Providing a full variety of seamless door-to-door removalist services for your peace of mind, assuring stress-free relocations.
- Personalised, attentive, and high-quality customer care throughout your relocation.
- Providing highly trained, dependable professional packers and removalists who will treat your belongings with the utmost care.
- Offering the best protection for your valuables when in transit and storage thanks to our Guardian Packing System (includes custom-designed moving boxes and packing material) and purpose-built, reinforced steel containers.
- Ensuring your treasured possessions are safe and secure, thanks to our four-level security protection system implemented at the most advanced, state-of-the-art secure storage facilities in the Southern Hemisphere.
Specialist Removalist Services in Melbourne
Established in 1946, Kent has built an outstanding reputation for excellence in providing attentive, caring, professional moving services to people and families across Australia.
Our welcoming team of expert Melbourne removalists will make your move stress-free, ensuring your treasures are delivered safely. Our superior Melbourne moving services include:
- Moving Boxes
- Secure Storage
- Moving Local
- Moving Interstate
- Moving Overseas
- Removals Insurance
- Packing Services
- Valet Services
- Car Transport
- Pet Transport and Boarding
- Ancillary Services
Moving to Melbourne? Suburbs We Service
Are you looking to move to Melbourne or around Victoria? Our Kent Melbourne Removalists will offer you with a full-service professional moving experience so you can concentrate on what matters most – settling into your new home!
Kent Removals & Storage, as Australia’s foremost removalist company, can handle most suburbs and regions in Melbourne and Victoria. Here are just a few of the fantastic Melbourne suburbs we service:
*Can’t see your suburb listed above? Don’t worry – this is just some of the suburbs we service; we can still help you! Contact us on 13 55 31 to find out how we can help you move to Melbourne today.
About Living in Melbourne, VIC
Melbourne is a city in Victoria, Australia, with a population of 5,151,000. Melbourne is surrounded by the suburbs of East Melbourne, West Melbourne, and North Melbourne, with a postcode of 3000.
In Melbourne, the median house price is $1,120,000. The distance between Melbourne and the nearest Kent Storage site is approximately 22.6 kilometres.
Melbourne is well serviced by public transport and lifestyle amenities. There are several local schools, various shopping precincts and the area enjoys a selection of healthcare providers.
Melbourne, VIC Fast Facts
- Postcode: 3000
- State: Victoria (VIC)
- Surrounding Suburbs:
- Median House Price of Melbourne: $1,120,000
- Distance from Melbourne to Kent Removals & Storage Melbourne: 22.6 km or 25 minutes by car
- Population of Melbourne: 5,151,000
- Population Density of Melbourne: 516 people per square km
- Local Government Area: 31 Municipalities across Greater Melbourne
- State Electorates:
- 54 electoral districts and regions
- Federal Electorate: 23 Divisions
- Relevant Melbourne links:
Choose Kent as your Melbourne Removalist
Kent is now Australia’s largest family-owned moving, secure storage, and relocation firm, with over 500 employees. We have a national network of branches, agents, and international affiliations that allow us to conduct business anywhere in the world.
Our commitments to quality, environment, safety and customer satisfaction have earned our national operations the highest accreditations for the international moving industry, as well as countless customer service excellence awards.
Choose Kent for moving peace of mind, knowing that:
- We will provide a fair and affordable quote.
- Our secure storage facilities will keep your belongings safe.
- We genuinely care about your moving and storage experience.
- You can trust us with your move thanks to our 75+ years of experience.
Whether you are moving to Melbourne, moving from Melbourne, moving interstate, or moving overseas – Kent Removals & Storage will go the extra mile for you. Don’t delay! Request a quote on the form below or speak with a Kent expert on 13 55 31 today. We look forward to hearing from you.
Frequently asked questions
I need help preparing for my house move
Moving house can be overwhelming which is why a comprehensive moving house checklist is paramount to assist you in planning and ensuring a stress-free move. A detailed best-practice moving house checklist can make a world of difference with making your move easy. Here is our Moving House Checklist to get started.
How can I save money on my house move?
Our highly-trained removalists are some of the best in the business and whilst we guarantee our furniture removalists will move you as quickly and as safely as possible, there are some things you can do to help you save even more money during your house move.
- Clear the hallways – furniture removalists always start with your larger items, make sure your hallways and doorways are clear, so the removalists can get access to your beds and couches.
- Make sure everything is packed – make sure everything is boxed up and stacked neatly. Don’t overfill the boxes as they require more removalists to move, or they can fall apart putting your items at risk of damage. Please ensure you label your cartons, so we know which room to place them in your new home.
- Disassemble your furniture and unplug whitegoods & technology – If your bed comes apart, make sure you disassemble it prior to our furniture removalists arriving. This also goes for flat packed items, such as IKEA furniture, as both will save you a lot of time and money. White goods and technology also need to be unplugged and prepared the day before, read our hints and tips on how to prepare your items prior to moving day.
- Ensure you only pack what your furniture removalist can transport – use our handy Do’s and Don’ts flyer for guidance.
- Check out weekday rates – in some cases it may be cheaper to move on a weekday rather than a weekend, so consider taking the day off to move.
Can Kent Removals & Storage dismantle my furniture for me?
Our furniture removalists will dismantle basic items such as bed frames and other large furniture. Our furniture removalists will not dismantle IKEA items and recommend you organise a handyman to complete this prior to your house move day. To save time, it is recommended that you dismantle the furniture prior to our furniture removalists arriving.
How long should it take to move house?
There is no hard and fast rule as every move is different. It all depends on how prepared you are, how much you are moving and accessibility at each address, traffic and so on. We charge a fixed rate of 30 min travel time each way (provided you live within 50 km of the CBD) which means you won’t pay more if there is a hold up or traffic. Our Kent furniture removalists are some of the best in the business and guarantee that they will move you as fast and as stress-free as possible.
What if my consignment doesn’t fit in one load?
At the time of booking, our Move Consultants can give you an accurate idea of how many trucks and men you require based on the information you provide.
If your belongings cannot fit in the first truck, based on availability, our team may be able to return for a second trip. If they cannot, it is advisable to ask the furniture removalists to leave goods you can move yourself.
Does Kent Removals & Storage move potted plants?
In most cases it is difficult to move pot plants as they often have bugs, ants and are too dirty to travel with your furniture and valuables. We can in some cases however, be assessed on the day by our furniture removalists.
To save time and money, it’s best to hire a trailer for a minimal cost from your local service station and move them prior to your move day.
Do your furniture removalists disconnect technology and whitegoods?
No, our furniture removalists do not disconnect fridges, televisions, washing machines, dryers or else. Each item should be prepared properly prior to your moving day. To help you best prepare for your move day check out tips on how to prepare your washing machine, fridge, TV and more.