Counting down to moving day – Part 5
16th March, 2014
1 day to go… keep calm and defrost your freezer
With just one day do go before moving house, the best thing you can do is stay calm! There should only be a few last things to take care of by now, so just focus on those and don’t second-guess yourself.
- Clean and defrost your fridge and freezer.
- Get everything packed – if your removalists will be doing the packing, make sure everything is ready and give them clear instructions.
- Make sure your removalist has all the correct information – addresses, contact phone numbers and which services are required.
- Make sure your gas, electricity and water meters have been read before disconnection
- Make an inventory list of all the boxes that are being taken to your new home
- Remember not to pack all those essentials you’ll need on moving day!
This is Part 5 of our handy moving checklist. Follow the links to read parts 1–6:
- Part 1 – 2 months to go… time to get prepared
- Part 2 – 1 month to go… get down to details
- Part 3 – 1–2 weeks to go… are you ready?
- Part 4 – 2 days to go… what’s left?
- Part 6 – Moving day!
Find out more about Kent local removalists.